Courier Delivery service delivers your desired things to you or your close ones in the least possible time. They work with agile methodologies and a mix of algorithms to accomplish a task in time!
Courier service comes within the tertiary sector or service sector which is the third of the three economic sectors of the three-sector theory. the secondary sector includes manufacturing and the primary sector includes raw materials.
Similar to any other on-demand service, there are a few steps to developing such a mobile application. Specifying your goals, and proportional requirements, choosing the service industry, picking the technology stack, selecting the business delivery model, and honing the SDLC process through to deployment and maintenance. Examples of Package Delivery Service Providers – OneTracker, 17TRACK, Deliveries, ParcelTrack, TrackChecker Mobile
Like many other industries, the courier delivery business has been through many leaps and bounds due to the on-demand service.
- Profile creation
- Admin chat
- Multiple options in packaging
- Tracking in real-time
- In-app payments
- Booking a package
- Supporting multiple states/countries
- Electronic signature
- Effective navigation
- Statics Revenue
- Alerts and Notifications
- Automated emails
- Home screen with dashboard
- Estimated parcel arrival time
- In-app chatbot
- Discounts and Coupons
- Ratings and reviews
- Delivery status updates
- View and manage the list of orders
- In-app chat updates
- Update parcel weight and time of delivery
- Enabling GPS
- Delivery history for maintaining all previous deliveries
- Send push notifications on estimated delivery
- Integration of multi-payment modes or e-wallets for secure and quick payments
- Payment Gateway
- App Color & Logo Change
- Language Change
- Currency Change
- Multi-Country Support
- Set Referral Sharing
- Order details to enable courier partners to review the available orders, view orders and the client’s details and accept the most suitable ones.
- Booking Order – To enable couriers to bid for the order.
- GPS order tracking – To assist in in-app navigation
- In-app messaging – To let couriers communicate with the customers.
- Rating and feedback – Let couriers rate their clients and leave feedback about the order.
- Personal profile – It includes basic information about the completed orders, earnings, etc.
- Order Delivery Status – To enable delivery people to update their customers when they accept or reject the order, pick it up or at the time of delivery.
- Tips and Donations – To enable customers to tip their courier delivery agent.
- Push notifications
- Loyalty and gamification features
- Matching algorithm
- Customer and courier profiles – To partner business profiles
- Customer support module – For a real-time chat or email integration
- Accounting module – For transactions and payment
- Advanced analytics – To list out the customer’s/courier’s activities
- Courier profile management
- Order management
- Deliveries management
- Managing tracking IDs
- Managing chat
- Dashboard, Analytics, and reports
- Feedback analysis
- Managing invoices
- Digital payments or e-wallet payments management
- Push notifications management
Customers make the purchase and make payments. Some providers also offer cash on delivery. Once the amount goes through, the restaurant or the supplier is notified about the request, and they can confirm or reject the order. Here, contractors and customers need an extra layer of security. The company management should create customer profiles only for verified couriers. A verification process can be implemented through the courier’s onboarding platform.
It should ideally start with a product discovery phase, which lays the full scope of work and develop a roadmap for the project. Businesses must set a realistic budget for their MVP and develop a roadmap for the project. User acceptance testing with a prototype, curate a convincing investment pitch and get to know your team better.
Packaging cost trade-offs with logistics, transportation, inventory, warehousing, and communications department. It scales up to include special consideations like: (1) Decreasing shipment delays, (2) Increased package information, (3) decreasing tracking of lost shipments, (4) Decrease handling costs, (5) Decrease vehicle waiting time for loading and unloading, (6) increase standardisation, (7) Increase modal choices for shipper, (8) Decrease need for specialized transport equipment, (9) Decrease theft, (10) decrease damage, (11) decrease insurance, (12) Increase product availability, (13) increase product value, carrying cost, (14) Decrease order filling time, (15) Decrease labour cost, (16) Increase cube utilization (stacking), (17) decrease material handling equipment cost, (18) Facilitate distribution, (19) Protect both product and the environment, (20) Provide information about conditions and locations, (21) Graphic design, format, (22) Legislative demands and marketing, (23) Customer requirements, consumer conveneince for end use as well as distribution, (24) Recovery/Recycling, (25) dematerialization, (26) One way vs. reusable package, (27) Toxicity
The courier delivery app app development can be approached in two different ways – (1) By hiring an in-house team, (2) by Finding a trustworthy company to handle the whole mobile app creation project.
But your teams must have the requisite expertise or technological background to oversee programmers and experts that the app development company is preferable and comfortable with.
Next, starting with an MVP must be an ideal choice. It is not ideal to go for a full-fledged application in one go. A more prudent course of action is to prioritize the project’s functionality and scale up to provide the bare minimum viable product (MVP). Once the MVP is live on the Play Store (Google Play) or (Apple App Store), you can check what your target audience feels about it.
Technologies Stacked in Courier App
- Programming Languages for iPhone/iOS app development- Swift, Objective C
- Programming Languages for Android– Java or Kotlin
- For Payment Integrations– Paypal, Braintree, Stripe
- Location Tracking– Google Places API
- For User Registrations and Log in – Gmail SDK, Facebook SDK
- For Storage – Digital Ocean, AWS, Google, Azure
- Map Integration– Google Maps, MapKit
- For Analytics – Firebase, Google Analytics
Speed, areas covered, services, handling attitude, experience, appearance, tracking capability, insurance, price, and customer service.
This cost incorporates several variables: The app platform, functionality, features, minimum viable product (MVP), the app type (native or hybrid), location of the mobile app developer, and target audience. The estimated cost comes from USD 20K to USD 25K.
Which industries does courier delivery serve?
Food delivery, grocery delivery, medicine delivery, parcel delivery, alcohol delivery. Plus, Hospitals and clinics, the Pharmaceutical industry, schools and universities, printing companies, Law firms, accounting firms, real estate companies, manufacturing companies, and e-commerce businesses. Sometimes industries need same-day couriers – legal firms, medical, printing, media, and manufacturing.
On-demand app development for Courier service increases the reach of the courier delivery network by using multiple languages, customizing it with the needs of the individual users, and simplifying the company marketing. Users can choose the pickup and drop-off locations flexibly. It provides safe app solutions that feature detailed information about shipment and a courier tracking mechanism that makes the process transparent.